My name is Simon and on the internet I go by Hypertexthero. I like to play video games while chatting about art, play, and other obsessions to brighten your day.
Video games have been a part of my life since the early 1980s and I am excited to show how far these ballets of motion, sound, light, and interesting decisions have come.
I broadcast chatty streams weekdays at 2pm EST, and random game streams almost every day at 9pm EST. Touch the above image or see my Twitch Schedule for what is coming up next. Unscheduled streams can and will happen depending on celestial object positions.
I would be delighted if you would join me on a journey from time to time and help me reach my goal of streaming for a modest living. The more followers I have, the better my chances, so here’s how to follow my channel:
Notifications: On or Off
You will be notified by email whenever I go live on air, but if you would rather not you can disable notifications by going to https://www.twitch.tv/hypertexthero and clicking on the bell icon next to the heart:
Tips/donations via PayPal (anonymous) or Streamlabs (your Twitch handle may appear on screen) are appreciated very much indeed as I receive the full amount given. They will be used to pay bills and buy new games to stream for you, and are not refundable.
Subscriptions & Notifications
You can watch for free, of course, but subscribing to my channel removes mid-stream ads and costs $4.99, $9.99 or $24.99 per month depending on the tier you choose (the cheapest is the best option unless you have lava in your pockets).
If you have Amazon Prime you can support my stream with a free channel subscription ($4.99 value) once per month by linking your Prime and Twitch accounts. Click on the Subscribe button on my channel and then on the Subscribe Free button to activate.
Benefits of Subscribing
- No mid-stream ad breaks.
- You are GRAND BOSS for supporting my work and play to brighten your day.
- Custom badges and access to a growing number of hand-made emotes.
The little machine I use to play and stream video games over to your computer screen is called Condensed Anthem Lazer Power: Frostblade NeWT. Click its name or the image here to see the hardware specs.
Be Nice & Chat Commands
If you choose to type in the stream chat I will be delighted, but please be nice to others because I or my computer assistant have Frost or Teleport spells to cast on trouble-makers.
For example, to see how long the current stream has been going type !uptime in the stream chat window and press Enter.
Games & Goals
I love open world games, flight simulators and rogue-likes, and you can expect to see the following along with surprise visits from very old and brand new things.
Game-specific goals have been added below each video game, and these may change as I play:
- Arma 3
- Finish the Old Man campaign.
- Win an Antistasi campaign (done!)
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (& eventually Valhalla).
- Rid the ancient Greek archipelago of all cult members.
- Finish the main story line (done!).
- Give a tour of Lemnos island.
- Balsa Model Flight Simulator
- COD Warzone
- First place in a match alone.
- First place in a match with friends.
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Finish the game.
- Survive for 30 days.
- Take off, eliminate a target, and land on an online server.
- Death Stranding
- Arrive in California.
- Subdue aggressors by using boxes and climbing rope.
- Numero uno in a match alone.
- Numero uno in a match with friends.
- Elite: Dangerous
- Meet a friend in the void (done!).
- Get a Guardian Frame Shift Drive booster (done!).
- Achieve Elite status in Exploration, Combat and Trading (done!) roles.
- Visit the center of the Milky Way.
- Visit Colonia.
- Find another Earth-like planet and be the first to map it (done!).
- Unlock all engineers.
- Step out of the ship.
- Land in a world with a breathable atmosphere.
- Generation Zero
- Find out where the killer robots are coming from.
- Stop the killer robots.
- Get a friend to translate Swedish text in the game.
- Play with a friend in coop mode.
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- Bring peace to Auroa.
- Grand Theft Auto
- Find all collectibles.
- Get all weapons.
- Stream all stunt jumps with a new character.
- Help a friend own an aeroplane hangar.
- Help a friend become a CEO (done!)
- Help a friend start a motorcycle gang.
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Shoot a mechanical dinosaur with a bow and arrow.
- Finish the game.
- IL-2 Sturmovik
- Fly with a friend on an online server.
- Help a friend eliminate their first air and ground target on an online server.
- Become an ace on an online server.
- Finish a dynamic campaign.
- Just Cause
- Depose the dictator of Solis.
- Jagged Alliance 2
- Depose the dictator of Arulco.
- Metal Gear Solid 5
- Get a water pistol.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Take off in a light aircraft from Rio de Janeiro and land on a remote airstrip near the border between Goiás and Bahia.
- Take off from New York City and land on Cape Cod.
- Fly low over the Tyhrrenean Sea.
- Land in Lemnos.
- Land on Everest (done!)
- Fly around the world in a light airplane.
- Finish the game.
- Get a high score in a Daily Run.
- No Man’s Sky
- Find an Earth-like world with green fields and make a base.
- Get or build a rover.
- 1st place in a match alone.
- 1st place in a match with friends.
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Find out what happens to the protagonist by finishing the game.
- Reach the highest level in each online role.
- Finish the game.
- Star Citizen
- Take off in a space ship.
- Land on another planet.
- Land on a moon.
- Complete a mission.
- Disable an aggressor spaceship.
- Get a kill without using a spaceship.
- Takeoff in my Aurora when version 1.0 of the game is released, possibly in this lifetime.
- The Division 2
- Find a bandana or red headband.
- Finish the game’s next world tier.
- Reach the top of the 100 floor tower.
- Zelda: Breath of The Wild
- Defeat Calamity Ganon and save the kingdom of Hyrule.
Here is one of my first test streams playing a closed beta of Felipe “HarvesteR” Falanghe’s wonderful new game Balsa Model Flight Simulator. Felipe is the creator of Kerbal Space Program and I am as excited for Balsa as I am for MSFS 2020, which I have been streaming, too.
Thank you, 谢谢, Gracias, ευχαριστώ, Merci, धन्यवाद, Grazie, ありがとうございました, Obrigado, شكرا, Спасибо
I am delighted to have you here with me on this strange, beautiful voyage from home to such distances in real and digital worlds. Thank you for coming along.