My name is Simon and on the internet I go by Hypertexthero. I like to play video games while chatting about art, play, and other obsessions to brighten your day. I especially like games with things that fly like aeroplane flight simulators in open worlds with plenty of light and weather.
Video games have been a part of my life since the early 1980s and I love exploring these ballets of motion, sound, light, and interesting decisions. Current favorites: Microsoft Flight Simulator, Balsa Model Flight Simulator, the IL-2 Sturmovik series, DCS World, and Elite.
I stream most weekdays at around 2pm NYC Eastern Time (ET). Here is a webcal link so you can subscribe to my schedule using any calendar application, like Calendar or Outlook.
Here are the times at some other places around Earth:
- Athens: 9pm
- Auckland: 6am
- Austin: 1pm
- Bangkok: 1am
- Beijing: 2am
- Cape Town: 8pm
- Chicago: 1pm
- Easter Island: 12pm
- Frankfurt: 8pm
- Helsinki: 9pm
- Honolulu: 8am
- Howard City: 1pm
- Kiev: 9pm
- Lagos: 7pm
- Lisboa: 7pm
- London: 7pm
- Moscow: 9pm
- Mumbai: 11:30pm
- Paris: 8pm
- Passo Fundo: 3pm
- Perth: 2am
- Rio de Janeiro: 3pm
- Rome: 8pm
- Saigon: 1am
- São Paulo: 3pm
- San Fransisco: 11am
- Seattle: 11am
- Shanghai: 2am
- Stockholm: 8pm
- Sydney: 4am
- Taipei: 2am
- Thomas: 2pm
- Tokyo: 3am
- Tunis: 7pm
- Vienna: 8pm
- Wageningen: 8pm
- Zurich: 8pm
Unscheduled streams of other video games can and will happen depending on celestial object positions.
To receive notifications from Twitch when I go live make sure the bell icon 🛎 is solid on my Twitch page at https://www.twitch.tv/hypertexthero (hovering your mouse cursor on it will let you know if notifications are on or off).
I would be delighted if you would join me on a journey from time to time and help me reach my goal of streaming for a modest living. The more followers I have, the better my chances, so here’s how to follow my channel:
Rules & Chat
If you choose to type in the stream chat I will be delighted, but please be nice to others because I or my computer assistant have Frost or Teleport spells to cast on trouble-makers. No bigotry, racism, sexism, misogyny, or other aggressive behavior is tolerated here.
Friends and computer algorithms are moderating the chat, and you can see available commands you can use here. For example, to see how long the current stream has been going type !uptime in the stream chat window and press Enter.
Additionally, when I am flying in Microsoft Flight Simulator, you can use the following commands, courtesy of SimToolkitPro:
- !predict [-###] - Enter a landing rate prediction for my next landing. For example: !predict -100 to predict a -100fpm landing rate. I attempt to maintain a leaderboard that I update manually.
- !metar [icao] - Shows current METAR weather report for the given ICAO airport code, if any.
Subscribing to my channel removes mid-stream ads (if subscribing without using Prime) and costs $4.99, $9.99 or $24.99 per month depending on the tier you choose. The price can also be lower depending on where you live.
If you have Amazon Prime you can support my stream with a free channel subscription ($4.99 value) once per month by linking your Prime and Twitch accounts. Click on the Subscribe button on my channel and then on the Subscribe Free button to activate, but note that with Prime ads still appear.
Benefits of Subscribing
- No mid-stream ad breaks (non-Prime subs).
- Custom badges and access to a growing number of hand-made emotes.
- Being a HEROIC GRAND BOSS for helping me pay the bills.
The little machine I use to play and stream video games over to your computer screen is called Condensed Anthem Lazer Power: Frostblade NeWT. Click its name or the image here to see the hardware specs.
Games & Goals
I love open world games, flight simulators and rogue-likes, and you can expect to see the following along with surprise visits from very old and brand new things.
Game-specific goals have been added below each video game, and these may change as I play:
- Arma 3
- Finish the Old Man campaign.
- Win an Antistasi campaign (done!)
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (& eventually Valhalla).
- Rid the ancient Greek archipelago of all cult members.
- Finish the main story line (done!).
- Give a tour of Lemnos island.
- Balsa Model Flight Simulator
- COD Warzone
- First place in a match alone.
- First place in a match with friends.
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Finish the game.
- Survive for 30 days.
- Take off, eliminate a target, and land on an online server.
- Finish a dynamic campaign like DCS Liberation.
- Death Stranding
- Arrive in California.
- Subdue aggressors by using boxes and climbing rope.
- Numero uno in a match alone.
- Numero uno in a match with friends.
- Elite: Dangerous
- Meet a friend in the void (done!).
- Get a Guardian Frame Shift Drive booster (done!).
- Achieve Elite status in Exploration, Combat and Trading (done!) roles.
- Visit the center of the Milky Way.
- Visit Colonia.
- Find another Earth-like planet and be the first to map it (done!).
- Unlock all engineers.
- Step out of the ship.
- Land in a world with a breathable atmosphere.
- Generation Zero
- Find out where the killer robots are coming from.
- Stop the killer robots.
- Get a friend to translate Swedish text in the game.
- Play with a friend in coop mode.
- Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- Bring peace to Auroa.
- Grand Theft Auto
- Find all collectibles.
- Get all weapons.
- Stream all stunt jumps with a new character.
- Help a friend own an aeroplane hangar.
- Help a friend become a CEO (done!)
- Help a friend start a motorcycle gang.
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- Shoot a mechanical dinosaur with a bow and arrow.
- Finish the game.
- IL-2 Sturmovik
- Fly with a friend on an online server.
- Help a friend earn their first air and ground victories on an online server.
- Become an ace on an online server.
- Finish a default single player career.
- Finish a PWCG career in “iron man” mode.
- Just Cause
- Depose the dictator of Solis.
- Jagged Alliance 2
- Depose the dictator of Arulco.
- Metal Gear Solid 5
- Get a water pistol.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Take off in a light aircraft from Rio de Janeiro and land on a remote airstrip near the border between Goiás and Bahia.
- Take off from New York City and land on Cape Cod.
- Fly low over the Tyhrrenean Sea.
- Land in Lemnos.
- Land on Everest (done!)
- Fly around the world in a light airplane.
- Complete a flight from engine on to engine off using Vatsim.
- Complete all Steam achievements.
- Finish the game.
- Get a high score in a Daily Run.
- No Man’s Sky
- Find an Earth-like world with green fields and make a base.
- Get or build a rover.
- 1st place in a match alone.
- 1st place in a match with friends.
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Find out what happens to the protagonist by finishing the game.
- Reach the highest level in each online role.
- Finish the game.
- Star Citizen
- Take off in a space ship.
- Land on another planet.
- Land on a moon.
- Complete a mission.
- Disable an aggressor spaceship.
- Get a kill without using a spaceship.
- Takeoff in my Aurora when version 1.0 of the game is released, possibly in this lifetime.
- The Division 2
- Find a bandana or red headband.
- Finish the game’s next world tier.
- Reach the top of the 100 floor tower.
- War Thunder
- Unlock the highest Tier in a nation.
- Get own artwork in the game.
- Fly a jet.
- Zelda: Breath of The Wild
- Defeat Calamity Ganon and save the kingdom of Hyrule.
Here is one of my first test streams playing a closed beta of Felipe “HarvesteR” Falanghe’s wonderful new game Balsa Model Flight Simulator. Felipe is the creator of Kerbal Space Program and I am as excited for Balsa as I am for MSFS 2020, which I have been streaming, too.
Thank you, 谢谢, Gracias, ευχαριστώ, Merci, धन्यवाद, Grazie, ありがとうございました, Obrigado, شكرا, Спасибо
I am delighted to have you here with me on this strange, beautiful voyage from home to such distances in real and digital worlds. Thank you for coming along!
Special thanks to:
Hugh “Jim” Bailey, patreon.com/obsproject
Odila & Peter
…and all friends near and far.
Thank you to all of our followers ♥
Peace out, and keep talking.